During the execution of works in the construction sector, many accidents and fortuitous events occur, along with chaos, caused by disorganization and setbacks, and in some cases, casualties.
Today, the implementation of safety rules is the main guarantee to minimize work accidents in the construction field. The correct use of these rules allows the personnel to be protected, as well as an efficient performance of their work.
We are Carolina Custom Homes, and today we’re bringing you the 7 safety rules you need to put into practice on every construction project that you wish to carry out.
Learn about the principal safety rules in construction with Carolina Custom Homes
The companies dedicated to this industry possess experienced staff in their portfolio. Every construction work is undertaken with the precautions necessary to lessen the risks they bring about. Nevertheless, there exist basic rules that must be kept at all times.
- Signaling equipment: they lead the mobilization of the personnel from the entrance throughout the workplace indicating what it is they will come across to avoid unnecessary risks. This equipment includes warning signs, first aid signs, among others.
- Organization and cleaning: organizing storage spaces like, for example, dry places for electrical devices and other tools, will facilitate movement among workers and reduce greater hazards. The organization of the equipment utilized and cleaning of the work area also contribute to the prevention of falls and accidents.
- Personal protective elements: this comprises everything the worker must wear during working hours under their tasks. Among these elements are helmets, safety glasses, masks, safety boots, and safety vests.
- First aid kit: the first aid kit must be correctly signaled to have access to it whenever needed. In the same way, it must have all the implements to tackle any emergency.
- Provide spaces to store materials adequately: the storage of materials, tools, and work equipment, in general, must be placed in organized and clean spaces to avoid crashes or falls, and ensure effective performance.
- Protective equipment for working at heights: if the construction project is a building or any other that requires the personnel to work at heights, then it will be necessary to have the appropriate equipment for their anchorage, for instance, harnesses and scaffoldings.
- Effective personnel training for a successful performance: educating the workers about the tasks they’ll be performing in the project is a premise in each of the construction companies where they work. It is a way to prepare them to avoid unnecessary accidents.
Hire expert services for the development of your project without any waste of time
We are at your disposal to help you make that remodeling or construction dream come true; that dream for which you have worked so hard.
We follow all current safety rules, including biosafety protocols implemented due to the ongoing health emergency.
We will provide you a comfortable, positive and functional environment, so you can fully enjoy your life at home. Contact us!