- Outside: Check exterior walls, including visible areas of foundation, for deteriorating bricks and mortar. Check siding for damage or rot. Check painted surfaces for flaking. Inspect vents and ducts for cracks, leaks, or blockages.
- Outside: Check for cracks or deterioration in concrete and asphalt. Reseal or repair if necessary. Clean oil and grease spots from driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- Outside: Inspect plumbing shut-off valves for proper operation. Drain outside faucets.
- Inside: Check all visible pipes for leaks including under and around kitchen and bathroom cabinets, toilets, water heater, and dishwasher.
- Inside: Examine attic for evidence of leaks. Check insulation and remove or add if necessary. Check for evidence of unwanted inhabitants. Ensure the attic has proper ventilation.